Farmhouse Restarurant Kitchen Manager
Position Title: Kitchen Manager
Responsible for the overall operations for the back of house and kitchen area of a restaurant. Kitchen managers purchase food and stock. In addition, kitchen managers ensure that the companies standards are upheld: the food looks good and is cooked properly, the proportions are correct, and it is cooked and served quickly. Kitchen managers also make sure that the kitchen is properly cleaned on a regular schedule, food is disposed of properly and the kitchen meets all sanitary standards.
Reports to: Co-Executive Chefs
- Customer-Service: Kitchen managers might have to interact with customers. Being friendly and courteous will help keep customers coming back.
- Attention to Detail: Kitchen managers have to keep their eyes on a lot of elements: food standards, costs, safety, etc.
- Leadership: Kitchen managers must be leaders in the back of house, rallying their team during heavy shifts, resolving conflicts and getting the job done.
- Management Skills: Kitchen managers not only deal with food, they also have to deal with costs, pricing, creating work schedules and more.
- Organizational Skills: Shipments, cleaning schedules and more organized is crucial to the job.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Dealing with employee conflict, irate customers and wrong stock orders is part of a kitchen managers job. Being able to come up with a solution quickly is a needed skill.
- Speaking Skills: Kitchen managers need to accurately and easily communicate standards and cooking methods to staff, give orders and speak with customers clearly.
- Stamina: Kitchen managers can expect long days around hot cooking elements, much of it on their feet.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses to alternative solutions and conclusions to a problem
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate to maximize employee morale, productivity, and effectiveness.
- The ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- The ability to lift more than 50lbs.
- The ability to multitask and complete tasks assigned in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to communicate and coordinate well with others by displaying respect to customers and co-workers.
- Standing for more than 8 hours.
- Must have flexible hours and work weekends.
- Honest, reliable, responsible and dependable.
- Must be detailed orientated.
- Must successfully pass a back-ground check.
Education or Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED/Culinary Education preferred
- 2+ years of previous work related managerial experience
- Serve Safe Certification