Position Title: Controller
Reports to: Director of Finance and Accounting
The Controller will effectively lead and coordinate all aspects of the accounting department including administrative and financial operations. Proven ability to develop and provide ongoing monitoring of control systems designed to report accurate financial results.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Participate in and work with the accounting team in preparation of accurate and timely monthly and annual financial statements
- Work with the Director of Finance with the preparation of the annual budgets for all Fair Oaks Farms LLC’s/Associated Companies.
- Review actual results against budget and assist with updated company forecasts.
- Prepare in coordination with the accounting team and overall management the necessary Metric and KPI reports as designated.
- Ensure all company policies (relative to accounting and finance) are following US GAAP, and all legal requirements are followed
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
- Working with the accounting team, develop measures and methods regarding process improvement (relative to accounting and finance), and increase efficiencies with the goal of enhancing the accuracy and improving timeliness of monthly financial statements
- Serve as a liaison between external auditors and Fair Oaks Farms
- Serve as a liaison between Fair Oaks Farms and Select Milk Producers, Inc. regarding financial performance as designated
- Assure that all filing deadlines between all Fair Oaks Farms LLC’s/Associated Companies and government agencies are met
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or requested
- Understanding of all financial statement preparation including balance sheets and cash flow statements.
- Ability to perform all functions of the accounting department
- Ability to work with the accounting team while motivating and mentoring the members with a positive, professional approach
- Self-discipline, initiative, and leadership ability
- Must be able to handle the pressures of simultaneously coordinating a wide range of projects and recommend appropriate solutions to problems
- Must possess good communication skills for dealing with diverse staff
- Completes job responsibilities and performance objectives in a timely and effective manner and in accordance with Fair Oaks Farms policies and procedures
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness
- At all times provides a favorable image of Fair Oaks Farms to promote its philosophy, products and services
- Hours may vary
Experience and Education:
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or finance. CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and a working knowledge of accounting systems in general
- Knowledge of computers sufficient to fulfill management functions
- High level experience with financial reporting, forecasting, and budget management
- Proficient in the following dimensions of management: company policies and procedures, personnel management, recordkeeping, and preparation of reports
- High level of written and oral communication skills