Fairfield by Marriott - Fair Oaks Farms - Night Auditor
The Night Auditor is responsible for ensuring that all daily reports are generated, daily revenues are balanced, auditing all accounts to ensure they are balanced. Provide courteous and timely
Service to guests needing assistance during the shift. The Night Auditor will close out various accounts and transfers, when necessary, and provide the management with accurate and reliable information needed to make effective operational decisions.
Non-exempt Front Desk position. Reports to the General Manager.
• High School Diploma or GED certificate is preferred, and/or equivalent work experience.
• Previous busy counter experience or similar public-facing position with emphasis on customer service required. Previous hotel experience is preferred.
• Basic computer skills required.
• Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic function.
• Must be able to work flexible hours and days as needed per the business needs of hotel; be able to stand for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to work well in stressful, high pressured situations including the ability to handle guest complaints and disputes and resolve them to satisfactory results, maintaining composure and objectivity.
• Must be able to effectively communicate in both oral and written form.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying concerns and issues raised by team members and guests.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintains compliance with the company policies, practices, procedures, and safety standards.
• Know all the features and amenities of the hotel, and amenities and services at Fair Oaks Farms.
• Complete the nightly audit functions per standards.
• Receives shift instructions and drawer from Manager and reviews Front Desk Log.
• Counts and verifies bills and coins in drawer.
• Generates required shift reports per standards.
• Compares housekeeping report to house status, resolves discrepancies with housekeeping, and performs daily bucket checks.
• Checks in guests, establishes credit and assigns rooms according to standard operating procedures.
• Verifies guest history information, issues guest room key, and answers guest inquiries.
• Answers switchboard promptly, relaying calls and recording messages.
• Receives and sorts incoming mail and prepares outgoing mail.
• Pre-blocks and pre-registers groups or tours as assigned.
• Completes various tasks: receive and send documents, places wake-up calls, post any and all incidental charges to guest folios, and handle mail per policies.
• Checks out guests, finalizes folio and payment, and obtains guest room key.
• Resolves customer complaints, recording specific complaint information.
• Maintains and cleans immediate work area.
• Balances drawer at the end of shift and prepares cash drop; records on Cash Drop Log.
• Records significant information to Front Desk Log.
• Performs other duties, which may include but is not limited to, setting up breakfast bar according to the guidelines.
• Reports in proper uniform, which is cleaned and pressed, and includes a name tag.
• To be familiar with local competition and rates.
• To attend and participate in department meetings.
• To handle all incoming reservations and record properly.
• To be familiar with the local areas surrounding the hotel with regards to restaurants, gas stations, etc.
• To handle inquiries, both phone and in person, giving property tours when at all possible.
• To perform daily, area hotel availability checks.
• Performs other duties as needed or assigned.