Fairfield by Marriott Assistant General Manager
The Assistant General Manager functions as the Assistant Manager to the General Manager and is responsible for ensuring the operations of the Front Office, Housekeeping, Maintenance and Breakfast Departments are in an attentive, friendly, efficient and courteous manner, providing all guests with quality service prior to and throughout their stay, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy. The Assistant General Manager is a working supervisory in respects to all departments and is to set a high standard of professionalism and service as an example to others within the hotel.
Exempt Administrative position. Reports to the General Manager.
- Four Year College Degree is preferred, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Certification preferred: Certification as required by franchise.
- Previous supervisory experience in a hotel preferred.
- Financial knowledge required.
- Have working knowledge of revenue management, payroll, expenses, budgeting.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly, both orally and written.
- Must be able to work well in stressful, high pressured situations including the ability to handle guest complaints and disputes and resolve them to satisfactory results, maintaining composure and objectivity.
- Must have excellent guest service skills; be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems.
- Must be effective at managing and leading a staff by listening to, understanding and clarifying concerns and issues raised by employees and guests.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works a minimum of 3-4 shifts per week as needed in Housekeeping, Maintenance, Laundry, Front Desk, Night Audit, and Breakfast.
- Know all the features and amenities of the hotel, and amenities and services at Fair Oaks Farms.
- Participates in the preparation of annual departmental budget and operates within approved budget.
- Maintains compliance with the company policies, practices, procedures and safety standards.
- Supervises the day-to-day operation and work activities of assigned personnel.
- Confers and cooperates with the other property personnel to resolve operating problems and ensures coordination of property activities.
- Participates in property’s staff meetings.
- Interviews and recommends new personnel as needed.
- Implements training programs for assigned personnel and assures that on-going training is provided.
- Initiates and recommends personnel actions, including employee counseling sessions, reprimands, performance appraisals, and terminations.
- Reports to the General Manager, significant results, problems, and personnel actions regarding assigned personnel.
- Establish relationships with community leaders along with membership in civic organizations and local associations.
- Ensures implementation of Sales& Marketing programs by assisting in the sales call process. Is aware of competition’s promotions, rates and amenities. All information and activity are to be recorded in sales automation system daily.
- Reports in professional clothes that are cleaned and pressed; includes name tag.
- Checks and records pertinent comments into front desk log.
- Executes other associated responsibilities as directed by the General Manager.
- Coordinates catering group inquiries with The Farmhouse sales & catering team.
- Assists in preparing payroll, coding invoices, processing direct bill invoices and statements and any other correspondence.
- Performs other duties as needed or assigned.