Cowfe - Grill Cook- Prep
Job Title: Cowfe Associate
Job Code: Grill Priority
Report to: Operations Manager
As for the cook’s main purpose is to provide a tasteful impact in every bite of each food item throughout the menu. Both the cook and the grill are the best companion that provides delicious meals for our customers. We intend to provide family-like services with heartwarming smiles. Nothings brings people together like good food. We seek a team player whose #1 priority is to ensure our guest leave with a smile and the taste of a delicious grilled cheese. A grill assistant must be flexible with work hours (including weekends and holidays). Tasks might include, but are not limited to, handling food, working at a fast paced environment, and following the food conduct to make sure the food is cooked fresh and delicious.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Customer Service is our number one priority in the Fair Oaks Campus. To give real service, you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money and that is sincerity and integrity.
- We strive to “own excellence” everyday!
- Memorize the Panini Sandwiches and Grilled cheese and be able to prepare every drink correctly, in a timely manner.
- Be able to lift a min. of 50 lbs.
- Wash dishes
- Stock products/put merchandise away
- Maintain working area super clean and organized
- Be able to stand of your feet for long periods of time (8 hour shifts) – Break will be given.
- Have a flexible schedule and be available to work weekends and holidays.
- Handle food products safely.
- Be able to multitask and help other departments when needed
- Stay knowledgeable and up to date with company’s news and apply new knowledge to your occupation
- Personal Hygiene. Hair should be properly be pulled back, nails should be short and clean, wear clogs and safety shoes.
- Wear gloves the right way. Always wash your hands before putting on gloves, change gloves constantly.
- Be able to prepare sandwiches in a high-heat area, working with ovens.
- Cleaning walk-in coolers, making sure food is fresh and follow the food conduct.
Respond to inquiries regarding Fair Oaks Farms brand and products, tours, restaurant/food options and merchandise.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Preferably a High School Diploma or GED
Positive outgoing attitude
Knowledge of basic computer programs including Microsoft Word and Excel
Previous experience in food service/customer service.
Must be able to pass a random drug test if asked.
All employees are expected to have basic knowledge of all the departments in the café (Coffee, Prep, Ice Cream, Grill, and Retail) and may be required to be cross-trained.
Cross-training of some departments may require a minimum age of 18 in order to operate certain equipment.