Fairfield by Marriott Lifeguard
The Lifeguard is responsible for providing a safety and security for the activities in the indoor pool area with emphasis on the petite water slide. Position provides the highest quality of service to guests in an attentive, courteous, and efficient manner, and ensuring presence and attention to monitor all activity of guests utilizing the slide; securing area when personal breaks or shift ends to ensure no usage of the slide in absence of a Lifeguard; closing area when threatening conditions mandate such action. Provides a welcoming attitude and can effectively and courteously communicate with guests and fellow employees to provide information.
Non-exempt Rooms Division position. Reports to the General Manager.
• High School Diploma or GED certificate is preferred, and/or equivalent work experience.
• Must be a currently Certified Lifeguard with the state of Indiana and have certificate document to demonstrate eligibility; responsible for maintaining eligibility and certification renewal for duration of employment.
• Must be currently in American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer (CPRO) and First Aid, equipment-based rescues for aquatic environments, accident prevention and decision-making skills, and have certificate documents to demonstrate eligibility; responsible for maintaining eligibility and certification renewals for duration of employment.
• Must be able to work flexible hours and days as needed per the business needs of hotel; be able to stand for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to work well in stressful, high pressured situations including the ability to handle guest complaints and disputes and resolve them to satisfactory results, maintaining composure and objectivity.
• Must be able to effectively communicate in both oral and written form.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying concerns and issues raised by team members and guests.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintains compliance with the company policies, practices, procedures, and safety standards.
• Know all the features and amenities of the hotel, and amenities and services at Fair Oaks Farms.
• Devotes all time and attention to guests utilizing the petite slide and that are in the pool area, demonstrating awareness of all activity to present guests.
• Receives shift instructions from Manager on Duty and reviews any relative issues.
• Provides information to resolves guest complaints, recording specific complaint information.
• Maintains and cleans immediate work area.
• Reports any potential problems within the pool area with non-compliant guests to the Manager on Duty.
• Reports any potential problems with equipment within the pool area immediately to the Manager on Duty.
• Closes the pool area, removing all guests during threatening weather that could cause accident or injury.
• Closes the pool area, removing all guests after a biological incident has occurred and requires pool facilities to be shocked for treatment.
• Performs other duties during shift as needed or assigned WHEN NO GUESTS ARE PRESENT, which may include but is not limited to, skimming pool and whirlpool, covering whirlpool, chemical readings and applications, and cleaning furniture or equipment.
• Reports in proper uniform, which is cleaned and pressed, and includes a name tag.
• To attend and participate in department meetings.
• Performs other duties as needed or assigned.