Fairfield by Marriott Public Space Attendant
PUBLIC SPACE ATTENDANT
The Public Space Attendant is responsible for ensuring the cleaning of public space areas, indoors and outdoors, maintaining established quality standards. Assist with other cleaning needs as assigned by the Executive Housekeeper, including, but not limited to folding linen. Always ensure customer service is delivered to the level of satisfaction expected by the guests and meets the standards as established by the hotel.
Non-exempt Housekeeping position. Reports to the Executive Housekeeper.
• High School Diploma or GED certificate is preferred, and/or equivalent work experience.
• Previous similar public-facing position with emphasis on cleaning and customer service required. Previous hotel experience is preferred.
• Basic computer skills required.
• Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic function.
• Must be able to work flexible hours and days as needed per the business needs of hotel; be able to stand for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to work well in stressful, high pressured situations including the ability to handle guest complaints and disputes and resolve them to satisfactory results, maintaining composure and objectivity.
• Must be able to effectively communicate in both oral and written form.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying concerns and issues raised by team members and guests.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Receives keys and special instructions from Supervisor.
• Obtains housekeeping cart from storage room and verifies that cart is properly stocked.
• Tours all public areas to determine cleaning priorities.
• Cleans public areas, starting with priority areas, in accordance with standard operating procedure.
• Ensures that all public areas, including Lounge, restrooms, telephones, windows, entrance way, General Manager’s Office, Conference & Boardrooms, and indoor patio area are cleaned during each shift.
• Rechecks restrooms each hour, cleaning and restocking supplies as needed.
• Tours and tidies all public areas prior to end of shift.
• Restocks housekeeping cart and returns cart to storage.
• Reports problems and maintenance needs to supervisor, returns keys and obtains approval to clock-out.
• Reports in proper uniform which is cleaned and pressed; includes a name tag.
• Attends and participates in weekly staff meetings.
• Assist with other duties as assigned, including but not limited to assisting in laundry, cleaning rooms, assisting Maintenance with grounds pick-up, or special projects assigned by Executive Housekeeper.
• Performs other duties as needed or assigned.