Fairfield by Marriott Maintenance Technician
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for supporting the Maintenance Department functions at the hotel, including the cleanliness of outdoor space, general appearance of public areas and corridors of the hotel as well as maintaining the Rooms Preventative Maintenance Program, as assigned by the Chief Engineer.
Non-exempt Maintenance position. Reports to the General Manager.
• High School Diploma or GED certificate is preferred, and/or equivalent work experience.
• Previous hotel experience is preferred.
• Basic computer skills required.
• Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic function.
• Must be able to work flexible hours and days as needed per the business needs of hotel; be able to stand for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to work well in stressful, high pressured situations including the ability to handle guest complaints and disputes and resolve them to satisfactory results, maintaining composure and objectivity.
• Must be able to effectively communicate in both oral and written form.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying concerns and issues raised by team members and guests.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintains compliance with the company policies, practices, procedures, and safety standards.
• Know all the features and amenities of the hotel, and amenities and services at Fair Oaks Farms.
• Utilizes Daily Rooms Preventative Maintenance Checklist, Grounds Checklist and work orders to outline daily business needs, unless instructed differently by the Chief Engineer.
• Responds to calls from hotel promptly when on-call, completing emergency maintenance tasks requested by manager on duty.
• Remove garbage from hotel to dumpster.
• Make local deliveries and pick-ups as directed.
• Complete maintenance request form for each completed assignment.
• Maintains inventory of tools and supplies.
• Ensures that parking lot, porte cochere, pool and grounds areas are maintained according to established quality standards.
• Reports to General Manager prior to clocking out, records pertinent shift comments into Front Desk Log.
• Reports daily in a proper uniform, which is cleaned and pressed, with a name tag.
• Attends and participates in staff meetings.
• Keeps current on all information pertaining to any equipment or machinery on property.
• Sees that all sidewalks along building, side entrances, and front entry, are kept clean and clear of debris and/or snow and ice.
• Performs other duties as needed or assigned