Fairfield by Marriott Laundry Attendant
The Laundry Attendant is responsible for washing, drying, ironing, and/or folding hotel linen per standards
for use by departments. Must ensure linen is in inventory before arrival of Room Attendants. Assist with
inventory of linen and terry products, laundry and cleaning supplies, and notify Executive Housekeeper of
needs to efficiently complete work requirements.
Non-exempt Housekeeping position. Reports to the Executive Housekeeper.
• High School Diploma or GED certificate is preferred, and/or equivalent work experience.
• Previous laundry experience or hotel experience is preferred.
• Basic computer skills required.
• Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic
• Must be able to work flexible hours and days as needed per the business needs of hotel; be able to
stand for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to work well in stressful, high pressured situations including the ability to handle guest
complaints and disputes and resolve them to satisfactory results, maintaining composure and
• Must be able to effectively communicate in both oral and written form.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying concerns and issues raised by team
members and guests.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintains compliance with the company policies, practices, procedures, and safety standards.
• Know all the features and amenities of the hotel, and amenities and services at Fair Oaks Farms.
• Sorts linen into appropriate groups for washing.
• Separates stained linen from other dirty linen, treating according to standards.
• Logs discarded linen on “Discarded linen” sheet.
• Loads linens into washers, sets machine controls and starts machine.
• Removes clean wet linen from washers and places in dryers.
• Sets dryer controls for specific time cycle and start dryer.
• Removes linen from dryer, folds, and places on appropriate storage rack/room.
• Promptly notifies supervisor of all equipment breakdowns.
• Maintains work area in a clean manner, sweeping and mopping floors as needed.
• Keeps shelves and supplies well stocked and organized. Informs supervisor of any shortages in inventory or supplies.
• Cleans out washers and dryer. Checks drums and replenishes cleaning agents as needed.
• Cleans lint traps on dryers at the beginning and end of the day.
• Ensures that department door is closed at all time and locked when department closes.
• May assist room attendants in collecting and delivering soiled linens to laundry room.
• May assist room attendants with cleaning duties as designated by the Executive.
• Reports in proper uniform, which is cleaned and pressed; including a name tag.
• Attends and participates in staff meetings.
• Performs other duties as needed or assigned.