Farmhouse Restaurant Server
Do you like working with people, making them happy, and being surrounded by delicious food and drink? If so, the Farmhouse Restaurant is very interested in learning more about you.
Job Title: Server
- Greets guests immediately, makes suggestions and answers questions regarding food, beverages and service. Practices salesmanship to enhance the dining experience without allowing guests to over order. Uses guests’ names regularly throughout the dining experience.
- Takes and records food and beverage orders from guests according to Sequence of Service and Pivot Point procedures.
- Processes guests’ orders, using the POS System according to Sequence of Service, Pivot Point and Food Timing procedures to ensure all items are prepared and served on a timely basis. Ensures all items are entered in the POS System.
- Ensures that all food and beverages delivered and served are served promptly, garnished correctly and meet the quality and presentation standards.
- Assist other Servers with clearing tables, and running food and drinks.
- Removes dishes, silverware, glassware and all other items when guests are finished using them. Replaces items as needed for next course.
- Returns dirty dishware, glassware, utensils and linen to the dish-washing area; sorts items accordingly, placing them in prescribed area for proper disposition.
- Resets vacated tables according to the procedures. Maintain a clean Dining Room, including floors, windows and surface areas.
- Closely observe guests to ensure that they are satisfied with food, beverages and service: immediately recognize and respond to any guest’s needs and/or requests.
- Attend regularly scheduled training sessions to increase awareness of Food, Wine, Beer and Spirits. Use this knowledge while interacting with guests to enhance their dining experience and increase sales.
- Maintains tables and stations according to standards and procedures throughout the dining experience.
- Completes all side work in the front and/or back of the house as assigned and scheduled by the members of the management team.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Communication Skills: Communication is key to Restaurant Service positions. You will need to listen to the customer's order, relay it to the cooks, tell customers about specials, and more. You will need great listening and speaking skills to create a great dining experience for customers.
Customer Service: A dissatisfied customer is not going coming back!!! A friendly, relaxing demeanor, courteousness and quick service will help you get repeat customers.
Stamina: Long, busy days on your feet are the trademark of a Restaurant Service position.
Teamwork: You are part of a team. You will be working with other Servers, Service Assistants, Bartenders, Hosts and Kitchen staff to make a great dining experience. Being a team player is essential.
Cleanliness: Being clean and neat when serving food and drinks will help create a great first impression to your customers.
Willingness to Learn: Enhancing a guests experience requires in depth knowledge of Food, Wine, Beer and Spirits. Once that knowledge is acquired, you must use it.