Fairfield by Marriot Fair Oaks Farms - Room Attendant
The Room Attendant is responsible for providing the highest quality of service to guests in an attentive, courteous, and efficient manner by maintaining a clean and attractive guest room in a timely manner, while following standards and safety/security procedures. Responsibilities include cleaning hallways and other assigned areas, maintaining established quality standards.
Non-exempt Housekeeping position. Reports to the Executive Housekeeper.
- High School Diploma or GED certificate is preferred, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Previous housekeeping experience or similar position with emphasis on cleaning and customer service required. Previous hotel experience is preferred.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic function.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and days as needed per the business needs of hotel; be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work well in stressful, high pressured situations including the ability to handle guest complaints and disputes and resolve them to satisfactory results, maintaining composure and objectivity.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in both oral and written form.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying concerns and issues raised by team members and guests.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains compliance with the company policies, practices, procedures, and safety standards.
- Know all the features and amenities of the hotel, and amenities and services at Fair Oaks Farms.
- Reports to work on time when scheduled.
- Receives room assignments and keys from Executive Housekeeper.
- Obtains housekeeping cart from storage room and verifies that cart is properly stocked.
- Cleans assigned rooms in accordance with standard operating procedure, performing duties such as dusting, vacuuming, changing linens, restocking paper and soap supplies.
- Completes room assignment sheet, recording completed rooms and special comments.
- Complete a stay-over with the visual mindset as a check out except with the guest belongings currently in the room.
- Completes Maintenance Work Orders for rooms needing maintenance repairs.
- Vacuums hallways in assigned section of rooms.
- Collects soiled linens and delivers to laundry room.
- Completes most of assigned rooms check prior to 3:00 pm; exceptions will apply.
- Reports any discrepancies to Executive Housekeeper.
- Restocks housekeeping cart and returns cart to storage room.
- Maintain and organizes their cart in a housekeeping closet in an orderly fashion
- Deep cleans guest rooms according to standard operating procedure as assigned.
- Returns keys and room assignment sheet to Executive Housekeeper and obtains approval to clock-out.
- Reports in uniforms, which is cleaned and pressed, and includes name tag.
- Attends and participates in all staff meetings.
- Receives approval from Executive prior to leaving at the end of the shift, ensuring that cleaning standards have been met and any deficiencies have been resolved.
- Performs other duties as needed or assigned.
This job description provides a general representation of the duties and responsibilities designated for this position and is not necessarily all-inclusive.