Hotel Sales Manager
POSITION TITLE: Hotel Sales Manager
TITLE OF IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Hotel GM with dotted-line Corporate Director, Revenue Management.
POSITION SUMMARY: Generation of top line catering revenue for the hotel and function space by maximizing all revenue potential and up-selling additional events/amenities, whenever possible, to build additional revenues.
- Handle and follow up on inquiries for meetings/events with or without guestrooms. Follow up on leads by qualifying the customer’s needs and dates for the event to determine if the business opportunity is a good fit for the hotel.
- Responsible for establishing client base of organizations, associations, social and corporate businesses through direct outside and inside sales effort for the purpose of securing business for the hotel to ensure that predetermined sales expectations are met or exceeded.
- Negotiate contracts and banquet event orders (BEO). Identify and price customer needs for the event, up-selling where possible, and closing the sale with the customer, collecting the customer deposit and signature on the sales agreement and BEO.
- Communicate group details/changes to all hotel departments, coordinating customer’s needs with other property business and activities to ensure client’s expectations are met and the hotel operates efficiently.
- Present potential business to General Manager and/or Revenue Management to determine best mix of customer for the hotel to attain budgeted revenues.
- Negotiates food and beverage prices, meeting room rental, function space, guest room rates and hotel services based on pre-established goals.
- Conducts site tours for the hotel and banquet facilities and exposes clients to facilities and services, entertains qualified potential clients, as needed.
- Conduct meetings with client and hotel team to ensure each event meets client’s expectations. (Pre/Post Conference Service Meetings)
- Finalize and detail catering plans for groups contracted. Completely orchestrate these functions on-site or off-site. Empowered to do whatever it takes to solve problems.
- Prospect for new sales and catering business opportunities using a wide variety of methods including cold calls, phone calls, outside sales calls, newspapers, trade shows, blitzes, internet prospecting, solicitation of past events, supplier partnerships, etc.
- Monitor blocked space to ensure group is meeting their contractual obligations. Initiate release of blocked space on cut-off date to allow sale of function space to other customers as needed.
- Maintain account files in Delphi.fdc ensuring accurate communication between client and hotel staff.
- Timely follow up on all sales leads and inquiries in a timely manner.
- Executes required number of weekly sales calls as defined in the sales performance plan and weekly sales report.
- Establishes and maintains close contact with hotel accounts and target accounts through phone calls, emails, tours, appointments, correspondence and entertainment.
- Asses the current and future needs of the accounts, whole prospecting to uncover other decision makers within the account.
- Communicates and coordinates with other hotel departments all sales information necessary for professional execution of commitments.
- Maintains accurate sales files, contracts, and trace system for all accounts.
- Assists the Director of Sales and General Manager with the implementation and achievement of the Sales and Catering Marketing Plan.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Exhibit computer skills to include word processing, spreadsheet, and familiarity with brand specific property Management System(s). Use knowledge of Word, Excel, Internet, Delphi and Outlook.
- Exercise excellent communication, presentation, organization, time management, listening, and math skills.
- Use analytical skills for measuring business potential and value to the hotel.
- Maintain contact and event information and follow procedures for submitting sales contracts
- Read and interpret documents and to write routine reports and correspondence.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: Education
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Management, Marketing or related field
- Minimum two (2) years catering sales, or two (2) years in hotel Catering/Convention Services, Banquet, Hotel Sales or Culinary Arts; OR, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and reliable transportation to drive to appointments.