Ropes Adventure Guide
The ropes course attendants are also responsible to ensure the guests enter, navigate, and exit the course in a fun and safe manner. The ropes course attendants are responsible for ensuring that guests are safety harnessed in order to do obstacle course. The ropes course attendant warmly welcomes guests and proactively gives direction on how to have the best ropes course experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively greet guest, groups of guests, and schools within earshot with a warm welcome.
- Ensure group leaders have all information needed to have a fun, safe, and educational experience utilizing passports.
- Obtain and share accurate pig knowledge with guests and co-workers.
- Ensure rules are being followed by ropes course participants.
- Encourage fun on the course while discouraging unsafe practices by participants.
- Remove unruly participants from course after proper warning.
- Solve problems as they occur.
- Properly open and close ropes course following Ropes Course Inc. policies, procedures, and checklists in addition to FOF SOP’S.
- Ensure that all equipment is in working order following Ropes Course Inc. policies and procedures.
- Perform an ETD (emergency take down) in under two minutes.
- Professionally, politely, and positively communicate to guests and co-workers.
- Manage time effectively and adapts quickly to changing priorities.
- Follow written and verbal instructions from company standard operating procedures (SOP’S) and/or management
- Stay organized in manner, with materials, and company property.
- Clean during slow times or as needed keeping workspace free of trash and clutter.
- Stay in constant communication with other departments informing them of guests’ activities and their desires.
- Multitask and anticipate the needs of guests.
- Communicate departmental improvement ideas to management.
- Find projects to work on during idle times.
- Be able to lift moderately heavy objects.
- Effective listening and communication skills.
- Have a keen eye for detail.
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards.
- Moderate technical expertise and knowledge of company products and equipment.
- Problem solving abilities that include staying calm in an emergency situation.
- Comfortable with a fast-paced environment.
- Professional, outgoing, and polite demeanor and appearance.
- Able to handle a moderate activity level and maneuver quickly while on the ropes course.
- Manages time effectively and adapts quickly to changing priorities.
- Able to multitask
- To be a team player who works productively with wide ranges of people.
- Able to think and work independently with some directions.
- Capable of following written instructions and documented procedures.
- Good organizational skills.
- Complete projects in a timely manner with no procrastination.
- Flexible availability.
Experience and Education: High School Diploma required (unless still in HS), some college preferred.