Cowfe - Customer Service Associates
Job Title: Cowfe Associate
Department: Retail Department Operations and Sales
Job Code: Retail Priority
Position Type: Seasonal
Report To: Operations Manager, All Department Managers and Assistants.
Deliver exceptional customer service, offering our guests an individual shopping experience! Assist customers with a friendly and outgoing attitude. As a family-oriented company, we seek a team player whose #1 priority is to ensure our guests leave with a smile, a box of chocolates, and a bag full of merchandise. Associates must be able to work flexible hours (including weekends and holidays). Individual tasks might include, but are not limited to, keeping the selling floor stocked, organized, and clean, handling food safely, handling cash and electronic payments, answering telephone calls and direct inquiry to proper personnel, lifting products, and helping co-workers and other departments. An ideal Cowfe assistant is dedicated to go the extra mile to exceed the customers’ expectations by “finding a way to their heart”.
- Provide excellent customer service. Attentively welcome every customer that visits our Cowfe and greet them within 10 seconds with a positive outgoing attitude and a smile.
- Assist every customer eagerly and utilize our “Find their way to their heart” philosophy. Make customers want to come back again and again.
- Respect and treat customers and fellow co-workers in the manner in which you want to be treated.
- Work as a team with all employees of Fair Oaks Farms
- Cash register skills- All cash register operations must be performed properly and honestly.
- Memorize the chocolate Menu and prepare every box correctly, in a timely manner.
- Lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Stock products and put merchandise away.
- Wash dishes.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Respond to inquiries regarding Fair Oaks Farms brands and products, tours, restaurant/food options and merchandise.
- Answer telephone calls and direct inquiries to proper personal.
- Stay knowledgeable and up to date with company’s news and apply new knowledge to your occupation.
- Have strong values integrity and loyalty to the company.
- Work in a fast-paced environment.
- Be able to stand on your feet for long periods of time.
- Handle food products safely.
- You are required to work a flexible schedule (weekends and holidays included).
- Strong time maintenance and organizational skills.
- Must be able to multitask handle fast paced, high stress situations and help other departments when needed.
- Ability to articulate professional conversations via email, phone, and in person
- Willingness to drive sales and produce sale increases for the company. Build sales within the chocolate department/campus
- Follow the Indiana Health code guidelines
- Fill all retail and chocolate displays using the FIFO method (when it comes to food).
- Make sure the chocolate counter is in top condition for selling
- Label all bulk chocolate boxes after you have filled a chocolate tray using the FIFO method.
- Fill all stock in a clean and orderly manner facing forward
- Share any ideas with the management team as well as retail team to improve any aspect of the retail department.
- Keep communication flowing with each customer by asking open-ended questions
- Meeting and making connections with customers, listening to shoppers’ desires, then giving diverse options and advice on gathering those needs
- Inspiriting the consumer to purchase, creating an everlasting positive impression of Fair Oaks and their purchase.
- Cleaning retail department and making sure merchandise is in the proper area of the selling floor
- Be aware of current promotional events and sales
- Must help with inventory
- Multitask and help co-workers and other departments.
- Learn and know how the chocolates are made
- Clean and stay busy during slow times
- Keep an open communication with the management team
- Accurately take chocolate orders
- Be able to use UPS shipping and make shipping labels
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Qualifications and education requirements:
Outstanding customer service skills.
Preferably a High school diploma or GED
Positive outgoing attitude
Knowledge of basic computer programs including Microsoft Word and Excel
Retail sales experience preferred but not required
Previous experience in food service.
All employees are expected to learn general information of all the departments in the Cowfe (Coffee, Prep, Grill, Cheese, Retail), and may be required to be cross-trained.
All employees are expected to stay updated with general information regarding Fair Oaks Cowfe, Dairy Adventure, Pork Adventure, Crop Adventure, Pork Education Center, BP and Dairycatessan Market, and Farmhouse Restaurant.
Cross-training of some departments may require a minimum age of 18, in order to operate certain equipment.
Must be able to pass random drug test.