Farmhouse Restaurant - Prep Cook
Position Title: Prep Cook
Reports to: Sous Chef/Executive Chef
Performing a variety of food preparation duties other than cooking such as preparing cold foods slicing meat and cheese and putting away stock. The Prep Cook will artfully prepare wholesome foods as directed either verbally, by reading the recipe book or banquet event orders in accordance with the company standard recipes and presentation techniques, while maintaining all applicable state sanitation rules and regulations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver internal and external guest service the Fair Oaks Farms Way. Always exhibit a friendly and approachable demeanor. Be polite and courteous when speaking with guests and team members. Look for and act upon opportunities to assist guests and team members. Be prepared with the knowledge and skill required to be responsive to guests’ and team members’ needs and questions.
- Be able to answer general questions regarding the property.
- Store food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage-FIFO
- Weigh and measure ingredients
- Assist cooks and kitchen staff with various tasks as needed and provide cooks with needed items.
- Cut slice and/or grind meat, poultry, and seafood to prepare for cooking.
- In an open kitchen, you are always in view of the guest. Ensure your adherence to company polices and standards.
- Prepare all food items accurately in a timely manner.
- Complete all assigned prep items as written on prep sheet.
- Use and maintain all assigned areas and equipment in a sanitary, safe and effective manner.
- Observe and enforce Health Department regulations regarding food handling, storage, proper steam table temperature, and cleanliness of work environment.
- Be in constant communication with Cook, Sous Chef and Executive Chef.
- Possess the ability to work harmoniously with co-workers.
- Perform all job functions in conjunction with the guidelines described in the Fair Oaks Farms Employee Handbook to ensure consistent execution of company and department standards.
- Perform all duties as assigned by management.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Must be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Must have exceptional hygiene and grooming habits. While conforming to the FOF uniform policy.
· Require reading and math skills for recipes and measurements.
· Patient w/an ability to stay positive under pressure.
· Must successfully pass background check.
- At least six (6) months experience directly related to the accountability specified.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Required to have a food handler’s permit.