Farmhouse Restaurant Steward/Dishwasher
Position Title: Steward
Reports to: Sous Chef/Executive Chef
Responsible for clean dishes, kitchen food preparation equipment, and utensils. Wash dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, pans, using dishwasher or by hand. Providing employees with assistance in the kitchen as needed and flowing all sanitary and health related protocols. Loading and unloading the washing machine. Ensure sanitation standards and cleanliness in all kitchen areas. Clean and sanitize all areas of the kitchen and operate the dish washing machine in a safe, accident-free manner.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Delivers superior internal and external guest service the Fair Oaks Farms Way.
- Works as a member of a dish-washing crew ensuring soiled items are placed in proper racks or containers which carry them through a dish-washing machine.
- Inspects, removes, and properly stores all clean items from the dish-washing machine.
- Washes food preparation equipment too large to put in dish-washing machine.
- Washes pots, pans and dishes; maintains neat appearance of working areas and cleaning equipment storage areas. Washes, rinses, and sanitizes all dishware and utensils.
- Supplies dishware to food preparation stations as needed; removes soiled dishware and cooking equipment from food preparation stations.
- Keeps work area (floor, machine, shelving, carts, etc.) clean at all times.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Maintain organization and ensure proper rack stacking, silver pre-soaking and operation of dish machine.
- Perform special cleaning projects as assigned.
- Train new Dishwashers as required
- Clean ovens, hoods, filters, drains, hot boxes, steam tables, flat beds and ceiling vents, according to schedule or as specified by chef.
- Responsible for swept and mopped floors. Keep floors clean and dry, pick up wet spills immediately.
- Can operate dish machines to company and manufacturer specifications.
- Uses proper measurements of detergent and sanitizer in the dish machine.
- Restocks all dishes, glassware, utensils, pots, and pans. Removes all garbage and cleans cans. Breaks down, cleans, and sanitizes the dish machine at the end of a shift. Delime machine when needed.
- Able to make quick decisions when dealing with departmental and employee needs.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Be in constant communication with Supervisor, Chefs and Management
- Perform all job functions in conjunction with the guidelines described in the Fair Oaks Farms Employee Handbook to ensure consistent execution of company and department standards.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Must be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Must have exceptional hygiene and grooming habits.
- Must successfully pass background check
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of the application of sanitation procedures.