BP/Market Customer Service Assistant
Position Summary: Assist customers with all their needs while promoting Fair Oaks Farms brands products and business’s. Communicate effectively and help all co-workers carry out daily duties to aid in business success and customer satisfaction. Duties may involve cleaning, cash handling, credit and debit card payments processing, stocking, moving and lifting objects. Food handling such as scooping ice cream, heating food products and other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Store Manager/Assistant Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Go the extra inch with every customer and go the extra mile by following the Find a way to their Heart vision statement.
- Greet customers within ten seconds with a warm welcome and a smile.
- Assist customers with wants or needs while modeling the Fair Oaks Farms image.
- Answer questions regarding Fair Oaks Farms brand and products, tours, restaurant/food options and merchandise.
- Cross sell all brand products such as Fair Oaks Farm tours, Farm House Restaurant, Cowfe. Cheese, Milk and Ice cream, Chocolate products as well as any adventure promotions.
- Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires.
- Compute sale prices, total purchases, receive and process cash or credit payment using a POS system.
- Answer telephone calls and direct inquiries to proper personnel.
- Provide information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person using a detailed and professional manner.
- Stay informed and up to date with company’s news and apply new knowledge to your job.
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Sample Fair Oaks Farms products such as cheese, milk and Ice cream as requested by customers.
- Scoop and serve Ice Cream following the provided recipes to maintain product quality.
- Handle complaints, settle disputes, and resolve grievances and conflicts when possible, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs, moving your whole body, climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Lift 30 lbs. or more.
- Stock, clean and organize all merchandise shelves, coolers, and storage.
- Wash, sweep, mop, and dust when needed.
- Handle and dispose garbage.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Assistant Manager.
- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Actively find ways to help each other to carry out all job duties assigned.
- Job requires to develop a practical working environment along with self-guiding with little or no supervision.
- The ability to multitask and complete tasks assigned in a fast paced environment.
- The ability to communicate and coordinate well with others by displaying respect to customers and co-workers.
- Standing for more than 8 hours.
- Must have flexible hours, open availability and work weekends.
- Honest, reliable, responsible and dependable.
- Basic math skills.
· Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
Education or Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent GED
2 years’ work related experience